For over six decades, BIT Mesra (located 16 kms from Ranchi, the Jharkhand state-capital) has been engaged in nurturing minds through a rich heritage of academic excellence. Essentially a hub of bustling student activities, the beautiful campus has been a second-home to thousands of students in their journey to challenge the times.
Established in 1955 by visionary-industrialist Mr. B.M. Birla, it is today one of the most premier engineering destinations in India.
To become a Globally Recognised Academic Institution in consonance with the social, economic and ecological environment, striving continuously for excellence in education, research, and technological service to the National needs.
- To educate students at Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, and Post-Doctoral levels to perform challenging engineering and managerial jobs in industry.
- To provide excellent research and development facilities to take up Ph.D. programmes and research projects.
- To develop effective teaching learning skills and state of art research potential of the faculty.
- To build national capabilities in technology, education, and research in emerging areas.
- To provide excellent technological services to satisfy the requirements of the industry and overall academic needs of society.