Website National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
To support the Smart Cities Mission, a leveraging program titled ‘Supporting Smart Cities Mission for a more Inclusive and Sustainable Urban Development in India’ was launched jointly by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, the French Development Agency (AFD), European Union (EU) and the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA).
The program has three components, namely:
a) Component I
CITIIS (City Investments To Innovate, Integrate and Sustain) at City Level;
b) Component II
Capacity Development activities at State Level; and
c) Component III
Promotion of Integrated Urban Management at National Level.
The program is managed by NIUA through a Project Management Unit (PMU). The key responsibilities of the PMU are:
- Facilitate the program preparation phase and manage the CITIIS Selection Process
- Hire and coordinate the program expertise and the PMU Technical Advisory Team
- Review the fund release requests from the SPVs to ensure precedent conditions are met
- Validate the reporting with all awarded SPVs
- Manage the state level partnership: organize knowledge exchanges, exposure visits, and interaction with experts to foster peer to peer learning among individual cities / SPVs.
- Manage the knowledge management process at all levels.
NIUA intends to hire for the position of Program Co-ordinator / Team Leader for the PMU to be based at its office in Core 4B, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
The Program Coordinator/Team Leader will lead and supervise the program at the national level. The responsibilities of the incumbent will include, but will not be limited to:
- Implementing the program in a three-year perspective as per the program and component guidelines;
- Daily program management throughout the program life cycle;
- Team management- the CITIIS PMU comprises of a diverse group of professionals;
- Planning the overall program and monitor the progress;
- Ensuring the liaison with State Govts, Local authorities and MoHUA;
- Ensuring the liaison/coordination with the French Development Agency (AFD);
- Ensuring compliance with the GFA/CFA and Program Manual;
- Leading the Monitoring & Evaluation process of the program;
- Managing the three-tier technical assistance hired under the program;
- Managing the Grant and Credit Budget of the program;
- Managing stakeholders’ communication;
- Reporting on a regularly basis to the Director, NIUA and the Apex Committee.
- Knowledge management and capitalization of best practices between the Phase One and Phase two of CITIIS program.
Skills / Qualifications :
- Post Graduate (master degree) in (urban/regional) Planning and/or Masters in Business Administration from reputed institute;
- Demonstrated expertise in any of the following thematic areas: sustainable mobility, urban design and place making, inclusive urban development (housing);
- Excellent networking and partnership/liaison building skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven skills in team leadership, research studies, project management, implementation, quality assurance, setting standards, business planning, due diligence, and monitoring;
- Skills in MS-Office, relevant planning/implementation tools;
- Good analytical and knowledge management skills including writing and presentation skills;
- High personal & professional integrity;
- Team player and ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Experience of managing teams and logistics;
- Available for extensive travel.
- Minimum 15 years’ work experience;
- Between 7 to 10 years’ experience in large scale program management in the urban sector (including budget and team management);
- Experience in management roles in smart cities and experience working with international agencies and national/state/municipal governments is desirable;
- Experience requirements may be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
Key Term :
- The position is on a contractual basis for a period of 1 year and extendable based on the grant/project timelines; if extended.
- At par with the industry standards, depending on experience and skills;
- Proof of past remuneration (last received salary/monthly contract payment) would be required.
Please visit https://citiis.niua.org for more details on the program.
To apply for this job please visit old.niua.org.