Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. We employ 12,800 experts and have a strong presence in the Nordics, North America, the UK, Continental Europe, Middle East and India, supplemented by a significant representation in Asia, Australia, South America and Sub-Saharan Africa. With almost 300 offices in 35 countries we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. Ramboll works across the markets: Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health, Water, Energy, Oil & Gas and Management Consulting.
Role and Job Summary:
To be a member of the planning and urban design team in India and provide urban planning and design services to external and internal clients. To be involved in strategic planning studies, urban master planning and urban design and public realm projects in India and the region.
The principal urban planner & designer will provide technical and professional support in the execution of urban and regional planning projects, with a particular expertise in concept and detailed master planning. The candidate would play a key role in the development of the planning and urban design business in India and the region. The principal urban planner & designer will work closely with the HOD, and other business leads and support the team in business development initiatives, bid preparation and marketing.
Key Job Areas:
As a lead member of the Planning and Urban Design team the candidate will be responsible for:
- Technical management of urban planning elements of projects in India and the region;
- Support in the preparation of technical and fee proposals for master planning and urban design projects and other major infrastructure projects where appropriate;
- Project management of medium and large scale projects involving multi-disciplinary teams;
- May be required to travel within the India to projects in a variety of geographical locations; Will be responsible for the management of teams and meeting agreed budgets;
- Skills transfer to junior team members
- Attendance at internal and client team meetings
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of urban planning including design review and/or zoning activities.
- Contribute to our process of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing relating to planning business
- To work to a high technical and quality standards
- Other duties will be requested from time to time
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning;
- Minimum 10 plus years’ experience in master planning and urban design projects;
- Ability to convey urban design and master planning concepts and solutions in real time to clients and others using drawings, freehand sketches and other mixed media material.
- Sound knowledge of all necessary software programmes including as a minimum GIS, CAD, Photoshop, 3D Max, Adobe design suites, MS Office.
- Knowledge of urban planning and development and local government policies and procedures
- Knowledge of pertinent central, state and local laws, codes and regulations including recent changes
- Citizen involvement techniques and processes
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player and have a customer focus;
- Must have previous consultancy experience and technical management skills;
- Must have excellent graphic and oral expression capability and be very comfortable with the core of his/her skill set in urban planning and design;
- Ability to solve problems by thinking laterally and be able to understand the needs and requirements to provide design solutions in a developing country;
- Must be able to work in a multi-sectoral team and manage challenging client relationships;
Able to be flexible and adapt to working in a demanding environment including the need to travel when required.
To apply for this job please visit www.ramboll.com.